Sunday, April 26, 2009

Laredo TX

The story today was the heat. At five miles I began gettimg dizzy and backed my 9:30 pace back to 10:00. Then the mind games started. My brain wanted me to stop being uncomfortable, turn around on the northbound frontage road and head back to the truckdtop. After all, ten miles is plenty in 92 degree heat when the humidity is above 95 percent. The problem with that, said my will, is that we had set out to run 13 miles and to return on the northbound frontage road
After a bit of back-and-forth, will finally trumped the contest by pointing out that we could spend five miles on the return trip feeling like a failure on the southbound road, or spend the trip back feeling like a winner on the northbound road.

13 miles. So there.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: