Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Trail Running

Why incorporate trail running into a program where the race is not on a trail?  Because I like running on trails.  So much of staying fit while driving a truck has to do with the mental battle.  Driving is stressful, shippers and receivers often take more of your "workout" time than they should.  The days are long, and weather can keep you from getting out of the truck, if you let it. Anything that will help you look forward to moving is beneficial.  Heck, walk to the donut shop, if that's what it takes, but move. I can actually talk myself into wanting to get out and run, if I can find something, anything, that appeals to me.  Trails are great for looking at plants, wildlife, scenery, and they are car-and-truck free!

Desert running with my sweetheart near Chiriaco Summit CA


Ocotillo are fascinating. Many of them were blooming this rainy day.

Cindy likes the downhill part.


Serious trail running means dodging mountain bikers on single-track trails through the woods.
The Shawnee Mission Trail System, near Kansas City.


Ahhhhh...


Good thing there was a four-inch tall photographer in the woods.

No comments: