Sunday, May 20, 2012

Weekly Update to May 20

Got in the 15 miles that I had set as a goal this week.  I need to pick out a training plan that will work on the truck.  I still have the schedules I used for the previous two marathons, but my goal is faster this time.  A marathon under nine-minute miles would be 3:55:48.  Since I want to break four hours, this would be an excellent time to shoot for!

5/15 Fremont IN
Six miles around Lake George.  Nice day for a run. People were getting their boats and lake houses ready for summer.  Wow, no shoulders or sidewalks at all in the whole run.  A lady doing yard work told me that there was a way to make it all the way around the lake, cutting through the woods on the north side.  She also mentioned that the route may not be passable if the ground was too wet.  After a bit of tramping through the woods in running shorts (trying to remember what poison ivy and poison oak look like) I found a reedy marsh.  May is not the dry month here, I guess. 65 minutes, "barefoot" style stride.

5/17 Salt Lake City UT
From the Flying J Truckstop on I-80 and UT-201, there is a great trail just west down W 2100 South.  The trail is listed on Google Maps under bicycling.  Got in three miles in 28:20.

5/19 Sayre OK
Another hot run, in the mid 80-degree range.  Made six miles in 64:15 and had a chance to see town.  It was three miles from the Flying J Truckstop up US 283 to where business 40 turns off.

No comments: